San Diego Divorce and Legal Separation Mediator
Mediation can be a less expensive method of resolving your divorce or other family law issues when working with attorneys. Unlike litigation, mediation relies on direct communication between spouses and their attorneys and can avoid substantial time delay and attorney fees in divorce or legal separation.
Family Law Mediation Basics
If you are willing to try mediation as an alternative to litigation, discuss this option with your attorney. When parties and their attorneys agree to mediation with Dawn Dell’Acqua, a half or full day conference can be scheduled. There are reasonable fees for setting up this conference with our office, which we can host in a virtual format. This conference will satisfy the Family Court’s Mandatory Settlement Conference requirement. You can contact our office for more information.
Heavy Backlogs Plague Family Court
Aside from keeping the costs affordable, advantages of mediation include obtaining results more quickly than what is possible in Family Court. With the unprecedented closure of the courts for more than 10 weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, nearly 50,000 cases were missed and needed to be rescheduled. Family Court was heavily impacted as a result, with 12,639 hearings delayed. In many cases, parties in need of support orders have been forced to wait to have their requests heard. If both parties commit to mediate the dispute, however, there is availability to meet with a Mediator right away.
The additional benefits of using a San Diego Divorce and Legal Separation Mediator, include:
- Confidential — California law protects settlement discussions in mediation as confidential. Mediation grants parties the ability to safely consider options without fear that statements, questions or concerns might be used against them later in court.
- Maintain control of the outcome— When you litigate a case you put your future in the hands of a Family Court judge. A mediator, on the other hand, helps you to make the arrangements that best suit your needs. In mediation, spouses or co-parents make the choices about their family’s future by crafting a parenting plan, arranging for spousal support needs, dividing property and assigning debts, all with the Mediator’s help and expertise.
- Mutual agreements — By avoiding the win-lose mentality of a court battle, you can protect yourself and your children from prolonged conflict and hostility.
- Child-focused resolution — Mediation allows you and your spouse to decide what is best for your children. With the help of a Mediator, you will work together to arrange child custody, child support and a parenting plan that you are comfortable with.
- Preserve and Encourage Mutuality and Civility – Family Law cases are different from other legal disputes. The parties in a business dispute may never see each other after the final judgment. In a divorce or other Family Law matter, especially where children are involved, you will continue to have a relationship with the other party for years after the final papers are signed.
Contact Our California Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Firm Today
If you are seeking divorce mediation services or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for a family law issue, we can help you. Call 619-325-4726 or contact our San Diego County ADR attorney online for more information.
Law Office of Dawn Dell’Acqua is committed to giving you up to date information regarding Divorce Estate Planning, Mediation, and Family Law. Give us a call or sent Email for an initial consultation with our a divorce mediator: (619) 325-4726 or see our Facebook Page